WANT A QUOTE RIGHT AWAY? - QUOTE HOTLINE 403.668.7159
BUY BATT INSULATION AT NEAR WHOLESALE PRICES
CLICK TO SEE
SAVE UP TO 10%
ON YOUR ATTIC INSULATION UPGRADE PACKAGE
CLICK TO SEE
GIVE US SOME SIMPLE INFO AND GET A QUOTE
CLICK TO SEE
Want to know how you canSave 10% on your upgrade or install. We have the lowest prices, and online Quotes. From the point of view of Calgary insulation contractors, let’s face it, natural resources such as oil and gas are on a continuous upward spike, and the days of cheap natural gas are probably gone forever. With a simple, cost effective insulation upgrade on your home insulation, especially your attic insulation, you can save up to 40% on heating & cooling costs. With us offering a full range of insulation products, the single, best way to reduce your heating costs and get the quickest return on your investment is to ensure your attic insulation has been upgraded to a minimum R50. As one of Calgary's oldest operating, independant, insulation contractors, we have extensive experience in the area of home insulation, and can offer you significantly effective options, and insulation prices.
The good news is that attic insulation is not rocket science. As one of Calgary's most trusted and oldest insulation contractors, we would like to earn your business. Some companies try to make it complicated, but it really isn’t. There are plenty of contractors out there willing to complicate the process, and sell you all kinds of “add-on’s”. While we do sell and install the “add-on’s”, in most cases they are not necessary, and will only add to the cost of your upgrade with very little return on your investment. We strive to keep it simple, keep it effective, and most of all, keep it affordable.
GET SEVERAL ESTIMATES
To get your insulation prices for your attic insulation, do it either over the phone, or have an estimator come to your home and give you an on-site written estimate. Ask your insulation installers to explain what level or “R-Value” you currently have, what R-Value they are going to add, and what R-value you will ultimately have when the job is complete.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO GET A QUOTE ?
* Are you wondering how much does an attic insulation upgrade cost? What kind of insulation do you have in your attic. A simple description of texture and color should be more than enough for any experienced estimator your contact on the phone. In most cases our estimators can determine by the area of the city and the age of your home, as to what type of insulation was most likely installed.
* For our customers convenience, we have added an online form/tool to get your insulation quote estimate via email, or phone, however you are most comfortable being contacted. It's called "Grab-A-Quote", give it a try !
* Approximately how deep your existing insulation is. You can simply take a look at landmarks such as “its level with the top of the 2X4 rafters”. If you feel up to it. Take a tape measure and measure from the back of the drywall to the top of the insulation.
* The square footage of your attic. The easiest way to determine this is to look at your most recent tax assessment, it should have your footage on there. Make sure to indicate to your estimator if your home is a bungalow, two storey, split level, etc. This will help him/her determine an accurate footage.
* Don’t sweat too much about the particulars, as its our strict company policy that we will adjust the invoice on-site to reflect any differences between the estimate, and what was actually required in your home. No questions asked. If your attic measures out to less than you thought on the phone, simply have the installer measure it out, and he/she will make the necessary adjustments on your bill before you pay. Don’t be intimidated by other contractors who will try to pigeon hole you into a bill, and stick with it.
Attic insulation and ventilation go hand in hand. Make sure your contractor takes the time to explain to you the essentials of good ventilation and what can be done to ensure you have proper air flow out of your attic. Trapped hot and moist air will not only make your home feel uncomfortable, it can damage such systems as your roofing, ceiling textures, insulation, and even your framing members.
If you are upgrading your attic, NOW is the time to install air chutes, roof vents, and turbines, if they are required.
FIBERGLASS OR CELLULOSE ?
Insulation installers have two points of view on this issue. There are two main types of insulation used in southern Alberta. Fiberglass and Cellulose. While we supply and install both products, there are some facts you need to know about both.
Fiberglass is a spun fiberglass product made from virgin glass as well as a large recycled component. There are many brands of fiberglass, but its all the same. Don’t let anyone tell you any different, and definitely don’t let them charge you more for a “premium” fiberglass. All fiberglass achieves is R-value in the same way, by the little tiny air spaces between all of the fibers. There are different brands, and many of them have cosmetic differences but don’t let anyone fool you into believing that one provides a “better” R-value than another. In new home construction, here in Calgary, probably 90% of all new homes are insulated with fiberglass.
Cellulose is made from recycled newspaper and cardboard. It has been around for many years, and until 10 years ago was the dominant product on the market. Because it was a waste and recycled product, it was always cheaper than comparable fiberglass. Fiberglass was once considered to be a “premium” option but was seldom used in new construction because of the expense. In recent years, there has been competition amongst the fiberglass manufacturers, resulting in a competitive price to the point where cellulose is actually more expensive to install. This is partly because of material costs, but also because of its dusty nature, and discomfort when installing.
Our conclusion is that fiberglass insulation is a superior product to cellulose for installation in homes built here in southern Alberta. Because of the drastic weather changes we endure in the winter, sometimes from minus 35 to plus 15 in a matter of 8 hours, there is a lot of frost/freezing/thawing of moisture in your attic. Because of this weather cycle, the cellulose (because its newspaper) is more subject to compaction and loss in stability when its wet. It is also much more likely to stay wet, and hold moisture. Even though we have no specific experience with the claim, some claim that it is more likely to hold molds and mildews, when subject to moisture.
WHAT WE DO?
If it has anything to do with insulation, then theres a pretty good chance that we do it. Our specialties as an insulation contractor is retrofit attic upgrades, in the Calgary and area market. With many years of experience, we can keep your insulation cost down, and maximize the return on your investment. As far as new construction, we have a very good crew of installers to install wall batt, and blown in wall insulation, to make your project on time, and on budget.
We also specialize in insulation removals. We have a large, custom built removal machine that can suck-out insulation as fast as any machine in the city. Because of this, we keep your insulation removal costs low, and get the job done right, and fast. If you are renovating your home, or just want those old wood-chips out of there, then give us a call.